Injury Management Coordinator | Melbourne - Parkville
|Position Type:||Fixed term - full time|
|Attachments:|| YJ0593 - Injury Management Coordinator - Position Description - Jan 2021.docx (Word, 458KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2021|
- Opportunity to utilise your experience in Injury Management
- Contribute to an energetic team
- A 12 month fixed term VPS 4 role available ($87,640 - $99,438 + superannuation)
An exciting opportunity exist to join the Safety, Wellbeing and Compliance team as an Injury Management Coordinator.
About the role
The Injury Management Coordinator sits within Safety Wellbeing and Compliance, People and Workplace Services business unit. The Safety Wellbeing and Compliance team is responsible for ensuring the department is meeting its responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004, Accident Compensation Act 1985 and Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013.
The Injury Management Coordinator manages a caseload of WorkCover claims from Malmsbury Youth Justice Precinct in Malmsbury by providing expertise in all aspects of return to work programs, including complex cases, playing a critical role in managing early intervention programs and building productive working relationships with divisional staff, managers and external stakeholders.
The role is based in Malmsbury, which is approximately 100km from Melbourne.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- a demonstrated ability to develop and provide high level injury management to injured employees
- proven experience in, and enthusiasm for, the delivery of rehabilitation and injury management services and strategies
- the ability to design and implement new or cutting-edge programs and processes, applying innovative solutions to make improvements in the work area.
- A fixed term position as a member of the Victorian Public Service (VPS)
- Competitive salaries, generous leave entitlements, including annual leave loading, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Professional development; including support and training tailored towards your goals
- Opportunities for career growth throughout the Department of Justice and Community Safety and the wider VPS network.
For more information on the accountabilities and key selection criteria for the role please refer to the position description attached.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button at the bottom of this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
Please note: Key selection criteria responses are not required
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.